In order to teach, we need to be committed to learning. This standard outlines how we continuously question what we think and do, and how we strive for excellence. It outlines how, in kura, we constantly review and critique our practice in order to plan our next steps so that we address all learning needs.
Ako Panuku Resources
- Teachers reflection tools - a quick and easy tools, aligned to the teaching standards, to support you in reflecting on your teaching practice. Templates are available in English and Māori.
- Self-assessment language tool - A tool for kaiako to use to self assess (or peer assess) themselves against four Māori language competencies: kia rere te reo, kia tika te reo, kia Māori te reo, kia ora te reo.
- Sharing professional development PowerPoint - Share your professional learning with colleagues using this PowerPoint template.
- Quality Practice Templates - Ako Panuku have developed QTPs to show what the professional learning standard can look like for teachers (English medium settings), for leaders in schools or kura and in kura or Māori medium settings.
- Leader Self-reflection - Professional learning - A self-reflection template to help leaders think about their practice in relation to the Professional Learning Standard. In English and Māori. Also available in a writable pdf version.
- COMING SOON - Observation feedback template - support another kaiako in critiquing their teaching practice.
Useful External Links
- Teachers.Tech - YouTube tutorials to support you in growing your technological knowledge to support teaching in the 21st century.
- Professional learning and development planning (Educational Leaders) - Principals and boards can use this resource to develop professional learning plans with kaiako.