Zoom Quick-Start Guide for Kaiako
Why use Zoom?
Zoom offers robust collaboration and engagement tools as part of its standard free license, including the ability to connect using a telephone when internet is not available. Administrators, teachers, parents, and students also have access to several features at no cost. These include:
Does Zoom have any software for kura?
For kura wanting more tools and administrative control, Zoom’s Education plan provides all the tools in the basic plan along with many other capabilities. These include:
If you require assistance in deciding whether a Basic or Education plan is right for you or your kura, connect with a Zoom specialist here.
Enabling your free Zoom account
To have the 40-minute time limit temporarily removed for your kura (if you have a Basic account):
- Have your administrators, staff, and teachers sign up for a free Zoom account.
- Have a member of your school fill out this form to request the temporary removal.
- Upon verification, all free Basic accounts using your kura email domain will have the time restriction lifted.
Now you will be able to log in, schedule their classes, and send out invites to tauira. Your tauira are not required to have a Zoom account and can join classes using the links you send them.
Zoom have numerous short videos on support.zoom.us to help you get started.
Resources to help you and your kura with using Zoom
Here are some guides to help you and your kura leverage Zoom for virtual learning/learning from home:
- Comprehensive Guide to Educating Through Zoom
- Tips and Tricks for Teachers Educating on Zoom
- Tips and Tricks for Administrators and Staff
- Student Tips for Participating in Online Learning
- Education Guide to Getting Started on Zoom
- School Administrator’s Guide to Rolling Out Zoom
- Zoom 101 for Kaiako
- Free Zoom Backgrounds for Kaiako
The information supplied above was made available by Zoom.